U.S. Department of Defense Validates ForeScout for IoT Security
“The DoD’s STIG validations by design are reserved for select, strategic vendors comprising keystone parts of the military’s IT assets, networked operations and security defenses,” said
In DoD deployments,
- Network-based discovery and classification of devices
- Redundant manageability and control of devices
- Orchestration with other mandated security technologies, such as the DoD’s Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) – confirming these third-party tools are configured and functioning properly
- Continuous monitoring of connected devices
- Helps the DoD enforce its policies prohibiting personal and/or wearable devices or applications on DoD workstations and networks
DISA’s STIGs form an enterprise-wide configuration standard for DoD systems supporting information assurance. Each STIG contains technical guidance detailing how defense agencies use commercial technologies to lock down information systems and software that might otherwise be vulnerable to malicious attacks and disruption.
Defense agencies and contractors can download DISA’s overview memo and STIG for
- ForeScout’s STIG details: DISA Web site
ForeScoutonline: ForeScoutcorporate brochure: https://forescout.com/forescout-company-brochure-pr/
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: ForeScout Technologies, Inc.