Forescout Unveils the Industry’s First Unified Device Visibility and Control Platform for IT and OT Security
- Integrates SecurityMatters technology into its core platform to deliver true end-to-end situational awareness across IT and OT networks
- Extends visibility for multi-cloud, SDN and industrial environments through new integrations with Microsoft Azure, Cisco ACI and
- Advances automation of controls for network segmentation and incident response through new integrations with
Fortinet, Cisco DNA-Center and ServiceNowto mitigate cyber risk
“By 2021, 70 percent of OT security will be managed directly by the CIO, CISO, or CSO department up from 35 percent today2.” IT teams are no longer tasked with only managing user devices, applications and data, but are now responsible for running secure and streamlined business operations. This starts with knowing what devices are connected across campus, data center, cloud and OT networks. Forescout’s unified platform will enable customers to gain complete situational awareness of all assets on their network, understand their cyber and operational risk profile, and automate actions to mitigate exposure.
Forescout’s platform offers the following capabilities and benefits:
- Expanded device visibility and discovery for OT, data center and cloud environments:
Forescoutcontinues to expand visibility to provide organizations with a unified view of all devices across campus, data center, cloud and OT networks. Forescout’s visibility into multi-cloud infrastructures now includes Microsoft Azure, adding to existing offerings with AWS and VMware. New integration with Cisco ACI provides visibility into SDN for data center environments. Integration with full line of Beldenindustrial switches, along with new passive monitoring into the lower layers of OT network stacks, provides deeper visibility into industrial control systems and OT devices.
- Superior auto-classification for medical, industrial and IoT devices: Extensive enhancements in auto-classification capabilities now allow organizations to auto-classify more devices and leverage this context for policy enforcement. Expanded coverage identifies over 500 different operating systems and over 5,000 different device vendors and models. New deep-packet inspection of over 100 IT and OT protocols powers accurate classification of healthcare devices from over 350 leading medical technology vendors, and thousands of industrial control and automation devices. Forescout’s industry-leading device cloud has now grown to more than eight million devices, enabling superior classification efficacy, velocity and coverage across IT, IoT and OT.
- Advancements in network segmentation controls and automation: As organizations embrace IT and OT segmentation,
Forescoutenables them to automate controls across heterogeneous firewalls as well as physical, virtual, cloud and SDN environments. The Forescoutplatform now includes orchestration of segmentation controls with Fortinetnext-generation firewalls and Cisco DNA-Center. This adds to existing segmentation capabilities with Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, AWS, VMwareand leading enterprise and industrial networking equipment.
- Improved cross-domain risk assessment and incident response: With the growing connectivity between IT and OT networks it is important to understand the risk profile of devices in both domains.
Forescoutadds new risk assessment capabilities, including vulnerability assessment for OT devices and industrial control systems (ICS). Additionally, new rogue device detection identifies impersonators using spoofing techniques and helps organizations prevent malicious access, as well as improve audit compliance. For organizations looking to improve security and IT operations efficiency, the Forescoutplatform now orchestrates with ServiceNow ITSM and Security Operations products to automate incident response.
“We are at a tipping point in cybersecurity where IP-connected devices continue to flood enterprises, IT is converging with OT, and businesses are moving to the cloud. These trends can cause significant risk and are leading the industry to gravitate towards integrated platforms to reduce complexity and handle as much as possible.
- New Forescout Platform: http://www.forescout.com/it-ot-unified-platform
- Webinar: Unified Device Visibility for IT and OT Environments
- Webinar: Automating Security Controls with Confidence
- Follow Forescout:
1 Top Strategic IoT Trends and Technologies Through 2023 –
2 2018 Strategic Roadmap for Integrated IT Security –
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: ForeScout Technologies, Inc.