Forescout Strengthens Investment in OT Security
Forescoutleads innovation within the operational technology (OT) cybersecurity space with the release of SilentDefense 4.0
- Extends integrations and vendor partnerships with key automation vendors ABB, Yokogawa, Emerson and Siemens
- Continues investment in OT and IoT cybersecurity research and development through unique visibility and management of smart meters
“The convergence of IT and OT is increasing the complexity and vulnerability of previously isolated ICS networks,” said
Forescout’s SilentDefense 4.0 comes equipped with the Enterprise Command Center (ECC) and ICS Patrol™. The ECC is a software solution and product that aggregates the information coming from multiple SilentDefense Command Centers in a single enterprise dashboard for monitoring global systems health, assets, vulnerabilities and threats. This will enable enterprise customers to scale their oversight and control over large, multi-network deployment ICS scenarios. ICS Patrol allows users to automate numerous compliance tasks. With this modularity and flexibility, cybersecurity stakeholders are able to maintain detailed regional control over their SilentDefense installations, while scaling throughout their entire IT/OT infrastructure.
Forescout’s SilentDefense also offers the following capabilities and innovations:
- Deeper asset visibility and security with ICS Patrol: ICS Patrol is an optional, passive-driven active sensor that allows OT-specific scanning of IT and OT devices. ICS Patrol discovers assets in a given network (or network segment) and gathers as much information as possible about them in terms of asset inventory / device fingerprinting.
Forescoutgives customers the best of both (active and passive) worlds when it comes to cybersecurity by merging passive anomaly detection with proactive cyber security capabilities to non-intrusively extend ICS network visibility and operating intelligence beyond any technology available. Forescout’s dynamic approach brings additional visibility and bolsters scalability for enterprise-grade deployments.
- Further innovations for OT and automation partner integrations: With the 4.0 release SilentDefense now adds support for new protocols for key technology partners, such as ABB, Emerson and Yokogawa, extending the visibility of non-IP low level devices. In addition,
Forescouthas further extended the ITL capability to proactively identify and manage cyberthreats and vulnerabilities and custom threat checks.
- Solutions for smart meters: SilentDefense 4.0 comes with the inclusion of DLMS/COSEM protocol support, critical for integrated cybersecurity strategies within the smart meter space. DLMS/COSEM stands for Device Language Message Specification/Companion Specification for Energy Metering, which is very critical for the visibility and management of smart meters, especially in the EU and increasingly in the
USA. The IEC 62056 standards are the International Standard versions of the DLMS/COSEM specification. After the success of the BAS extension, this is a further step toward the vision of full IIoT coverage.
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: ForeScout Technologies, Inc.