Forescout Joins Global Cyber Security Alliance for Operational Technology
The OTCSA mission is five-fold:
- Strengthen cyber-physical risk posture of OT environments and interfaces for OT/IT interconnectivity
- Guide OT operators on how to protect their OT infrastructure based on a risk management process and reference architectures/designs which are demonstrably compliant with regulations and international standards such as IEC 62443
- Guide OT suppliers on secure OT system architectures, relevant interfaces and security functionalities
- Support the procurement, development, installation, operation, maintenance, and implementation of a safer, more secure critical infrastructure
- Accelerate the time to adoption of safer, more secure critical infrastructures
With 60 percent of organizations using ICS indicating that they experienced a breach in their systems in the past year, and 97 percent acknowledging security challenges because of the convergence of IT and OT1, the need for the OTCSA is critical. Cyber-attacks on OT and critical infrastructures are on the rise and they are impacting business risk across all industries – from disrupting manufacturing systems to halting safety services. Threats to OT can have potential impacts in scope and scale greater than in information-only environments, including negative financial impact, ecological damage and loss of life.
“Critical infrastructures and industrial control systems are essential to organization revenue and profits and the global economy,” said
Until now, there has been no industry group focused on improving cyber risk posture by providing tangible architectural, implementation, and process guidelines to OT operators and solution providers so that they can navigate necessary changes, upgrades and integrations to evolving industry standards and regulations. These robust security guidelines will cover the entire lifecycle - procurement, development, deployment, installation, operation, maintenance and decommission - and address aspects related to people, process, and technology.
OTCSA promotes collaboration amongst IT and OT operators and leading companies in the industry. Membership is open to any company that operates critical infrastructure or general OT systems to run its business (OT operators) as well as companies providing IT and OT solutions (solution providers).
To learn more about the OTCSA or becoming a member, visit: www.otcsalliance.org.
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: Forescout Technologies, Inc.