Forescout Collaborates with VMware to Create Comprehensive IoT Lifecycle & Security Management Solution
- Together with VMware Pulse IoT Center,
Forescoutenhances IoT manageability, security, compliance and remediation for enterprise and industrial IoT deployments
- Collaboration with
VMwarebuilds on Forescout’s existing integrations with VMware NSX, VMwarevSphere and VMware Workspace ONE
“The rapid deployment of IoT devices across enterprise networks is resulting in high management overhead and increased risk,” said Damiano Bolzini, vice president of operational technology (OT) and industrial business,
“VMware Pulse IoT Center extends VMware’s proven IT expertise and standards to the network edge,” said Lakshmi Mandyam, vice president of product management,
Forescout’s solution with VMware Pulse IoT Center offers the following benefits:
- Consistent IoT lifecycle and security management at scale.
Forescoutacts as a universal Pulse IoT Center gateway to automatically discover, onboard and orchestrate management and security actions across IoT devices regardless of type or network tier.
- Comprehensive IoT device insight. Combines real-time contextual device data from
Forescout, including device type, function, classification, security profile, network location, and more, with device telemetry from VMware Pulse IoT Center, such as firmware version, stage in lifecycle, temperature readings, utilization, and more, to maximize IoT investments.
- Automatic enforcement of IoT security policies and configuration compliance. Leveraging Forescout’s comprehensive policy engine and the combined intelligence of
Forescoutand VMware Pulse IoT Center, both broad and granular management and security policies can be automatically enforced such as dynamic segmentation based on device profile and Pulse IoT Center guided bulk firmware and patch update campaigns.
- Capability to proactively combat IoT-based threats. Organizations can more effectively mitigate risk posed by IoT devices by setting device baselines and monitoring for anomalies and threats, in addition to aligning alert information across
Forescoutand VMware Pulse IoT Center.
“We can classify just about any traditional, IoT or OT device on the fly. We identify what’s out there, get visibility into what kind of IoT device it is and then take action based on that information. If it’s a new device, we take certain actions based on policies. If it’s an existing device, we don’t have to worry because the actions have already been taken by the
Learn more at www.forescout.com/vmware.
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: Forescout Technologies, Inc.