ForeScout and Belden Form Strategic Alliance to Secure Industrial Environments
Companies execute on joint strategy to address IT/OT convergence by providing visibility and automated access controls to secure mission critical networks
“The convergence of IT and OT is shepherding unforeseen levels of interconnectivity among business networks and industrial automation environments,” said
Given the criticality of uptime and safety for industrial devices, they can be taken down for maintenance or patching only during finite maintenance windows, and it is not always possible to install security software or agents which can impact real-time performance.
“Industrial security continues to be a top priority and asset visibility is the first line of defense to prevent intrusions into the network,” said Dhrupad Trivedi, executive vice president and chief technology officer of
- Discover, profile and monitor industrial devices connected to Hirschmann network infrastructure and create a consolidated asset inventory of devices across ICS layers.
- Gain asset intelligence for devices, such as Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Engineering workstations, Historians and more.
- Identify rogue or improperly connected devices on the network to mitigate system risk and avoid accidental downtime and unintended operational disruption.
- Provide secure network access and minimize security exposure by limiting service personnel and maintenance equipment access to required sub-systems only.
- Segment assets and sub-systems that share common security requirements into security zones based on factors such as criticality and consequence.
- Control access to sensitive and confidential data by making network access and dynamic authorization decisions based on device and user profiles, connectivity location, device integrity and security posture.
- Orchestrate information sharing and policy-based security workflows with leading IT security and management products, including Tripwire IP360, to assess compliance and accelerate incident response.
Tripwire is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire’s portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at www.tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at www.tripwire.com/blog/ or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.
Media Relations Contact:
Investor Relations Contact:
Source: ForeScout Technologies, Inc.