ForeScout Acquires SecurityMatters
- Accelerates ForeScout’s momentum by enabling the industry’s first, and only, end-to-end agentless device visibility and control platform across the extended enterprise
- Provides deeper visibility into operational technology networks to help organizations mitigate threats targeting industrial environments
“ForeScout’s acquisition of SecurityMatters is a natural fit as it takes us deeper into a market where we have an established foothold and are seeing explosive customer demand,” said
The convergence of IT and OT is driving a rapid rise of interconnectivity and introducing new risks for enterprises as OT networks may no longer be physically segregated from the IT network. Recent cyberattacks, such as WannaCry, NotPetya and Triton, demonstrated how vulnerable OT networks can result in significant business disruption and financial loss. According to
“Virtually every company with OT needs to rethink its cybersecurity strategy,” said
Founded in 2009, SecurityMatters provides organizations with device visibility, continuous network monitoring, and threat and anomaly detection specific to operational technology and industrial environments using passive collection techniques that don’t impact operations. Its solution protects networks from the widest range of threats utilizing patented technology and with a library of over 1600 ICS-specific threat indicators.
ForeScout’s acquisition of SecurityMatters will enable its vision to:
- Provide deeper visibility into OT and ICS environments. SecurityMatters’ passive network monitoring and protocol analysis combined with ForeScout’s leading visibility platform will enable device discovery, classification and assessment for the full spectrum of devices across IT and OT.
- Deliver end-to-end OT risk awareness and compliance management. Merging SecurityMatters’ passive assessment capabilities with ForeScout’s passive and active inspection for Windows, Linux and all other IT/IoT devices, will allow security teams to have a complete view of their risk profile and compliance state for the entirety of their OT environments for the first time.
- Enable dynamic network segmentation across the entire enterprise. By identifying and classifying OT network traffic, SecurityMatters will help
ForeScoutextend its segmentation and policy orchestration vision to OT devices and networks.
- Automate rapid detection and incident response for OT. Improve threat response by leveraging SecurityMatters’ detection engine for ICS-specific threat indicators and behavioral anomalies in conjunction with ForeScout’s contextual understanding of IT layers, and ability to orchestrate remediation through its vast technology partner ecosystem.
For more information, visit www.forescout.com/forescout-acquires-securitymatters
Forward Looking Statements:
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding our markets and demand for our products as well as our growth prospects, our market opportunity and product enhancements in the operational technology market resulting from the acquisition of SecurityMatters. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of our assumptions prove incorrect, our actual results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include risks associated with: the evolution of the cyberthreat landscape facing enterprises in
|Investor Relations Contact:||Media Relations Contact:|
|Michelle Spolver||Katie Beck|
Source: ForeScout Technologies, Inc.