ForeScout Integrates with IBM Security Solutions to Fortify Endpoint Defenses and Enforce Compliance
- Technology integration allows organizations to improve endpoint security hygiene and reduce attack surface
ForeScoutexpands its integration offerings with IBMto help enforce compliance and mitigate risk across a diverse range of connected and off-premises devices
The surge in the number and type of connected devices has increased the complexity of enterprise environments, presenting a challenge for CIOs and CISOs to maintain endpoint compliance. The ForeScout Extended Module for IBM BigFix integrates ForeScout CounterACT® and IBM BigFix to assess the security posture of varied types of devices and automates remediation actions to maintain compliance, helping organizations resolve endpoint compliance violations at device connection time before allowing them the appropriate network access.
“When you combine the diversity of network-connected devices with the growing number of industry standards and compliance regulations, the end result can be a security nightmare without the ability to identify and assess endpoints,” said
The ForeScout Extended Module for IBM BigFix will provide customers with the following benefits:
- Real-time visibility and control for corporate and unmanaged devices: Extend endpoint visibility and control beyond BigFix-managed endpoints to include unmanaged devices such as BYOD, IoT, network infrastructure and operational technology systems.
- Maximize BigFix agent effectiveness: Verify the presence and operation of BigFix agents on supported corporate endpoints using
ForeScoutand enroll, restart, or remediate to ensure fully functional agents at the time the device connects.
- Strengthen endpoint compliance to minimize risk: Monitors the configuration and compliance of BigFix-managed devices. With ForeScout’s agentless assessment of devices that are not managed by BigFix, organizations can maintain full compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Automate response and risk mitigation: If either
ForeScoutor BigFix determines that a device is noncompliant, it will isolate or quarantine the device using ForeScoutand initiate host or network remediation actions before allowing appropriate network access.
“The ForeScout Extended Module for IBM BigFix is a long-awaited solution that gives customers an extra layer of protection that ensures endpoints are managed appropriately and meet compliance requirements across various device types including BYOD and IoT,” said
ForeScout’s integration with IBM BigFix further extends its joint offerings with IBM Security solutions, which also include IBM QRadar® for greater security insight and automated incident response, and IBM MaaS360 for enhanced management, compliance and security of mobile devices.
The ForeScout Extended Module for IBM BigFix is generally available now.
ForeScoutonline: ForeScoutcorporate brochure: https://forescout.com/forescout-company-brochure-pr/
ForeScout Media Relations Contact: